Follow Me

Follow

Kerry Washington on the Cover of ELLE


Gushy: The 39-year-old star said that playing Olivia Pope in Scandal has inspired her to get things done

Kerry Washington is definitley one of my WCW and seems to be knocking down wall after wall. Her new knockout is being the new Cover girl of ELLE.

Kerry Washington also has a new role coming up as she will be playing Anita Hill in HBO's upcoming Confirmation, where she will play the law professor who came forward to accuse Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment. Now Kerry Washington slays the cover of Elle magazine in an amazing cover story that's full of girl power for sure.

She tweeted yesterday "Check out my @ELLEmagazine cover!Styled by my badass friend & genius fashion dir #SamiraNasr 😍#MamaSaidKnockYouOut


Kerry Washington and Husband Nnamdi

In the issue, Washington discusses what got her to join the Anita Hill story and why she was decided to be the executive producer as well. 

She said 
"This created awareness around that and around the need for women's voices to be heard in our public spaces, both testifying before Congress and sitting on the committee," she says. "It really was such a huge cultural shift."
 She then later on explained that she's not letting her fame get in the way of her activism. 
"I'm a person who's always been politically active and passionate about people's rights," she says. "I marched against the [2004] Republican Convention. And as my career has expanded, it's been important for me to not stifle that voice. Because you want to be popular, you want people to hire you, and I have to make sure I don't do it less because I'm an actor."

Washington also touched on the woman who helped bring her onto the A-list: writer, producer and Scandal show by Shonda Rhimes.
"She's been such an amazing resource, as a mom, and as a working mom...I am on one show and I have one kid, and she has three shows and three kids." She also said that she sees Rhimes's self-help journey novel Year of Yes as "required reading."

In fine form: Kerry Washington looked pretty in a little dress as she posed on the beach for Elle

Pope knows: Kerry also said: 'She knows there's always another way—there's always a way to fix it, there's always a way to solve it, to win'

In her words: She said: 'Even though Olivia has obviously made the decision that she is not a mom, playing her made me feel like I could be a mom'

This Elle cover is coming out on Sunday. So go grab one.

You keep doing you Kerry and continue slaying.


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig